Vaccine for COVID-19 is coming soon and your local PharmaChoice pharmacists and staff stand ready to support you and your family with the rollout of the vaccine.
Information on COVID-19 Vaccines and Canada’s Vaccine Rollout
The National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) has the most complete and up-to-date information on the vaccines approved for use in Canada for COVID-19 vaccination.
NACI provides the following information on COVID-19 vaccines approved for use in Canada:
- Efficacy and effectiveness
- Simultaneous administration with other vaccines
- Vaccine safety and adverse events following immunization (AEFI)
- Drug interactions
- Additional vaccine related information
You can view this information on the NACI website by clicking here.
If you are going to visit your local pharmacy for COVID-19 vaccination, we ask that you:
- Book an online appointment by clicking here.
- Monitor for signs of COVID-19 symptoms and not visit the pharmacy if you feel unwell
- Practicing good cough etiquette
- Maintaining physical distance while in the pharmacy
- Practicing good hand hygiene by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water
- Being patient as we work hard to provide the best healthcare possible to you and your family
We ask that you not visit your local pharmacy if:
- You have a fever and/or new onset of cough or difficulty breathing
- You have been outside the country
- You have been in close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19
- You have been in close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who has been to a COVID-19 impacted area
COVID-19 Vaccination in Your Local Community
The distribution of COVID-19 vaccine will be dependant on a variety of factors and will vary from province to province. Your provincial authority is the best place for the latest information & support on the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines in your community.